If you decide to visit Ireland, you’re in for a treat. This beautiful country has stunning landscapes, friendly locals, and many cultural experiences.
If you’re planning a trip to Ireland or are just curious about some of the best tourist spots, read on for our list of the best tours in Ireland. Each offers something unique and memorable to make your time in Ireland unforgettable. So put on your travel boots and get ready to explore!
If you’re planning a trip to Ireland, a bus tour is a great way to see the country. From exploring the wild landscapes of the west coast to visiting the historical sites of Dublin, there’s a bus tour to suit every Interest. To help you plan your trip, here are the best bus tours in Ireland.
Table of Contents
Best Bus Tours In Ireland
Here are the best Ireland tours to help you make the most of your trip.
Taste of Ireland (Tour D)
There’s no better choice than picking the Taste of Ireland tour for those yearning to experience the Emerald Isle’s famed beauty, history, and hospitality. This is one of the most popular coach tours since it is a comprehensive guide to the heart of Ireland.
Regarded as a fast-paced tour tailored for those short on time or who want an introduction to Ireland, the Taste of Ireland offers five, six, or seven-day departures to suit various schedules. The focus is on the greatest hits and highlights of Ireland.
You start with a panoramic tour of Dublin, witnessing elegant Georgian homes, Trinity College, and drive by River Liffey. Then encapsulate further into Ireland’s essence as you visit the historic Blarney Castle and kiss the legendary Blarney Stone.
As you move forward, appreciate awe-inspiring views of majestic cliffs along Ireland’s famous coastline, and visit bustling Irish pubs that embody traditional Irish music heartily.
- The Merry Ploughboy Pub: Run by ‘The Merry Ploughboys,’ one of Dublin’s longest-performing Irish music groups.
- Blarney Castle: Home of the Blarney Stone that gifts you with eloquence when you kiss it; the castle boasts beautiful gardens.
- Ring of Kerry & Skellig Experience: This entails a scenic 100-mile drive with breathtaking coastal and mountain views. There would be a casual lunch experience in a cozy restaurant followed by visiting Valentia Island, where you learn about Skellig Michael’s rich history—an island filmed in Star Wars.
- Dublin Castle: Once colonial power’s seat in Ireland, this palace is now ceremonial.
- Sheepdog Demonstration: Watch hardworking dogs herd their sheep in mesmerizing synchrony.
Irish Highlights (Summer 7 Days)
Experience the charm of Ireland with a week-long bus tour covering all major attractions and local insider experiences. The “Irish Highlights” tour, by Trafalgar, one of the best coach tours, offers a mesmerizing journey through Dublin and eight other stunning Irish destinations.
The Irish Highlights bus tour is a seven-day in-depth cultural journey that starts and ends in Dublin, encompassing travel, accommodation, meals, and a holistic experience. The financial aspect is stress-free with interest-free installments and split payment options, ensuring the trip doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket.
A professional travel director will accompany you throughout this trip, enriching your journey with stories about the local culture and cuisine. Key attractions and activities included in the tour:
- Cliffs of Moher: Listen to the waves crash against these iconic cliffs. They are a must-visit for their sheer grandeur and beauty.
- Killarney and Galway City: Explore harbourside Galway City and picturesque Killarney, renowned for their vibrant lifestyle and scenic landscapes.
- Ring of Kerry: Experience a scenic day on one of Ireland’s most popular tourist trails.
- Blarney Castle, Waterford City, and County Wicklow’s Countryside: Rich with history, these tourists spots offer an insight into Ireland’s glorious past.
- Cultural Experiences: Enjoy an authentic Irish pub evening while indulging in a hearty farmhouse feast in County Wicklow. The craic – traditional Irish fun – is guaranteed!
- Emerald Isle Legends: Become well-versed with the histories and legends of the Emerald Isle.
This tour received enthusiastic reviews from guests who appreciated the charming tour directors, exciting itineraries, and convenient financial plans provided by Trafalgar Tours.
Best of Ireland (10 Days)
Are you contemplating an unforgettable journey through Ireland’s lush rolling landscapes and rich historical heritage? Look no further than the 10-Day Best of Ireland tour. This best-selected, trusted, and cost-effective tour package offers an all-inclusive adventure into the heart of Ireland’s iconic landmarks and vibrant culture.
The 10-day tour is designed to unveil the best of Ireland comfortably, taking visitors from lively Dublin to New Ross, Waterford, and through 14 spectacular destinations.
From revered attractions to phenomenal unspoiled off-the-beaten-path locations, the tour provides a comprehensive experience of what Ireland is well-known for; its rugged scenic vistas, friendly locals, and a rich tapestry of unforgettable history culminating in a true Irish experience.
A myriad of popular destinations are included in this remarkable tour. These include:
- Clonmacnoise: This historic medieval monastery established by St. Ciaran in the 6th century on the River Shannon conveys deep spiritual significance.
- Kylemore Abbey: Deemed as possibly Irish’s most beautiful building, it resides beside Duchruach Mountain at Lough Pollacappul.
- The Cliffs of Moher: Stretches over 9 miles long and peaks at 702 feet tall, presents breathtaking views over the Atlantic Ocean.
- Cork City: It’s situated on the River Lee banks and features Murphy’s Original Irish Stout.
- Killarney Town: Another charming town known for its beautiful national parks and serene lakes.
- The Rock of Cashel: A stunning piece of history representing the seat for Munster’s province kings until the 17th century.
- EPIC: The Irish Emigration Museum: It’s a ground-breaking museum examining mass emigration history in Dublin City.
The tour also includes visits to Jameson Distillery Midleton, Killarney Town, Blarney Castle, Guinness Storehouse, and Christ Church Cathedral, among other notable sites. Trust me; this Ireland coach tour offers an unbeatable way to enjoy the captivating emerald landscapes and hospitable heritage that make Ireland truly unforgettable.
Wild Atlantic Way Adventure
If you’re looking for an unforgettable journey through the stunning landscapes of Ireland, then the Wild Atlantic Way Adventure coach tour is a must. This tour takes you along the iconic Wild Atlantic Way, a 2,500-kilometer route that stretches from Kinsale in Cork to Malin Head in Donegal. It’s the perfect opportunity to explore Ireland’s rugged western coastline and experience its breathtaking beauty.
Traveling in a comfortable coach, you’ll have the chance to visit famous landmarks such as the Cliffs of Moher, the Ring of Kerry, and the Dingle Peninsula. You’ll also discover charming small towns and villages along the way, where you can experience the local culture and hospitality.
The Wild Atlantic Way Adventure offers many experiences and sights that will leave you in awe. Here are some of the highlights:
- The Cliffs of Moher: These majestic cliffs are one of Ireland’s most iconic natural wonders. Standing at 214 meters high, they offer breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and are a must-visit for any traveler.
- The Ring of Kerry: This scenic drive takes you through picturesque coastal villages, rugged mountains, and stunning lakes. You’ll have the chance to soak in the beauty of Killarney National Park and admire the panoramic views along the way.
- The Dingle Peninsula: Known for its dramatic coastline and charming fishing villages, it offers a glimpse into traditional Irish life. You can explore ancient archaeological sites, enjoy traditional music sessions in local pubs, and take in stunning views of the Atlantic.
- Galway City: As one of Ireland’s most vibrant cities, Galway offers a mix of history, culture, and entertainment. You can wander through its colorful streets, visit the lively Latin Quarter, and enjoy traditional music in its many pubs.
- Connemara National Park: This stunning national park is home to rugged mountains, peaceful lakes, and vast expanses of bogland. You can hike along its scenic trails, spot native wildlife, and absorb the tranquility of this untouched wilderness.
The Celtic Explorer tour is perfect for exploring Ireland’s ancient sites and cultural heritage. This 7-day tour takes you through stunning landscapes, historic landmarks, and vibrant cities.
Starting in Dublin, you can visit renowned attractions such as Trinity College and the Book of Kells. From there, you will travel to Galway, a vibrant city known for its lively music scene and charming streets.
The tour will take you to the breathtaking Cliffs of Moher, where you can marvel at the dramatic cliffs plunging into the Atlantic Ocean. You will also have the chance to visit the ancient site of Newgrange, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that dates back over 5,000 years.
The Celtic Explorer tour also includes visits to historic castles, such as Bunratty Castle and Blarney Castle, where you can kiss the famous Blarney Stone for good luck. You will also be able to explore charming towns and villages along the way, including Killarney and Dingle.
Throughout the tour, knowledgeable guides will provide insights into Ireland’s rich history and culture. They will share stories and legends that bring each destination to life.
With comfortable transportation and carefully chosen accommodations, the Celtic Explorer tour offers a hassle-free way to experience the best of Ireland. Whether you are a history buff, nature lover, or simply looking for an unforgettable adventure, this tour will surely exceed your expectations.
Northern Ireland Discovery
Experience the breathtaking landscapes and vibrant cities of Northern Ireland on this Northern Ireland Discovery bus tour. This is one of the best bus tours of this region and is perfect for those who want to explore the best of what this region has to offer conveniently and comfortably. Travel in a luxury coach and let our knowledgeable guides take you on an unforgettable journey through this beautiful region.
On the Northern Ireland Discovery, you will visit some of the most iconic and must-see attractions in the region. Here are just a few highlights:
- Giant’s Causeway: Marvel at the natural beauty of the Giant’s Causeway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Walk along the impressive rock formations and learn about this landmark’s fascinating legends.
- Belfast: Explore the vibrant city of Belfast and learn about its rich history. Take a Black Taxi Tour to discover the political murals that reflect the turbulent past, or enjoy a Titanic Experience Tour to delve into the story of the ill-fated ship.
- Dunluce Castle: Visit Dunluce Castle, an iconic historical castle that dates back over 500 years. Perched on the edge of a cliff, this castle offers breathtaking views and a glimpse into Northern Ireland’s medieval past.
East Coast Discovery
The East Coast Discovery guided tour is a fantastic way to explore the scenic beauty and historic sites along Ireland’s east coast. With this tour, you can sit back, relax, and let someone else do the driving as you visit some of the most beautiful and significant attractions in the area.
The tour starts in Dublin and takes you to mesmerizing destinations such as Brú na Bóinne, Hook Head Lighthouse, and the Wicklow Mountains. You’ll have the opportunity to explore ancient sites, picturesque landscapes, and charming towns, all while enjoying expert commentary from knowledgeable guides.
One of the tour’s highlights is a visit to Brú na Bóinne. This UNESCO World Heritage site is home to ancient passage tombs dating back over 5,000 years. Here, you can immerse yourself in Ireland’s rich history and marvel at the incredible architecture of these ancient structures.
Another must-see attraction is Hook Head Lighthouse. As one of the oldest operational lighthouses in the world, it offers breathtaking views of the coastline and provides a glimpse into Ireland’s maritime past.
The Wicklow Mountains, often called the “Garden of Ireland,” are a nature lover’s paradise. With scenic drives, hiking trails, and stunning vistas, this area is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts and those seeking tranquility in nature.
Throughout the tour, you’ll also have plenty of free time to explore each destination at your own pace. Whether it’s taking a leisurely stroll through charming towns, enjoying delicious local cuisine, or shopping for unique souvenirs, there’s something for everyone on this coach tour.
Dublin City Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
If you’re planning a trip to Ireland, one of the best ways to explore Dublin is through the Dublin City Hop-On Hop-Off bus tour. This tour offers a convenient and flexible way to see all the major attractions and landmarks of the city. With strategic stops near popular destinations, you can hop on and off the bus at your own pace, fully immersing yourself in Dublin’s culture and vibrance.
The tour is operated by reputable companies like DoDublin and City Sightseeing Dublin, ensuring a comfortable and reliable experience.
The buses are WiFi-enabled open-top double-deckers, providing stunning views of the city’s Georgian Architecture, City Parks, Monuments, and even the gorgeous Phoenix Park. You’ll also have access to live commentary from knowledgeable and entertaining tour guides who will share interesting anecdotes, historical facts, and cultural references about Dublin.
The Dublin City Hop-On Hop-Off bus tour covers all major attractions that should not be missed during your visit to Dublin. Some of the key stops and attractions included in the tour are:
- Irish Whiskey Museum
- Christchurch Cathedral
- Dublin Castle
- The Guinness Storehouse
- Kilmainham Gaol
- Phoenix Park
- Writers Museum
- Irish Museum of Modern Art
- National Museum of Ireland
- Teelings Distillery
- Temple Bar
These stops are strategically placed to ensure you can easily access Dublin’s iconic sights. You can explore landmarks like Dublin Castle and Christchurch Cathedral for their historical significance or dive into Irish culture by visiting museums like the Irish Whiskey Museum or Writers Museum.
Combining a hop-on hop-off bus tour with experiences like a River Cruise or The Guinness Storehouse visit allows you to make the most of your time in Dublin and enjoy the city’s local history. These bus tours often include free guided walking tours and immersive audio commentary in multiple languages, ensuring you don’t miss any important details.
With the Dublin City Hop-On Hop-Off bus tour, you can customize your itinerary, discover the hidden gems of Dublin, and create unforgettable memories during your visit to Ireland’s capital city. So hop on board and embark on an adventure through Dublin’s rich history, culture, and charm.
Other Best Ireland Tours to Consider
1. Wild Atlantic Way
This tour takes you along Ireland’s stunning west coast, from Donegal to Cork. You’ll see dramatic cliffs, pristine beaches, and towering mountains.
2. The Ring of Kerry
3. Dingle Peninsula
This tour takes you to the far southwest of Ireland, where you’ll see a rugged coastline, traditional Irish villages, and plenty of sheep!
4. Cliffs of Moher
Cliffs of Moher tour takes you to one of Ireland’s most popular tourist attractions, the Cliffs of Moher. You’ll also get to see the nearby Burren region and the picturesque town of Din.
5. Dublin City Tour
6. Belfast City Tour
This tour takes you to Northern Ireland’s capital city, Belfast. You’ll see all the major sights, including the Titanic Quarter and Stormont Parliament Buildings.
7. Giant’s Causeway
This tour takes you to one of Northern Ireland’s most popular tourist attractions, the Giant’s Causeway. You’ll also see the nearby Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and Dunluce Castle.
8. Game of Thrones Tour
This tour takes you to film locations used in the popular TV show Game of Thrones. You’ll visit places like Castle Ward, where you can dress in period costumes and explore the grounds.
9. Glens of Antrim
This tour takes you to Northern Ireland’s most scenic area, the Glens of Antrim. You’ll see towering cliffs, verdant valleys, and plenty of wildlife.
10. Wicklow Mountains
This tour takes you to one of Ireland’s most beautiful national parks, the Wicklow Mountains. You’ll see waterfalls, lakes, and ancient ruins and enjoy some of the best hiking in the country.
See Related: Best Luxury Bus Tours
How Long Does An Ireland Bus Tour Typically Last?
A bus tour of Ireland typically lasts between 10 and 14 days. During that time, travelers can see some of the country’s most iconic sights, including the Cliffs of Moher, the Ring of Kerry, and the Giant’s Causeway.
They’ll also get to experience the vibrant culture of Ireland, with its traditional music, dance, and food. Of course, no trip to Ireland would be complete without a visit to Dublin, where travelers can explore such famous landmarks as Trinity College and St. Patrick’s Cathedral. With so much to see and do, it’s no wonder a bus tour of Ireland is a popular vacation option.
What Is The Best Time To Take An Ireland Bus Tour?
Ireland is a country that is rich in history and culture, making it a popular destination for tourists from all over the world. One of the best ways to see Ireland is by taking a guided tour. Bus tours typically run from April to October, with peak season from June to August.
However, the best time to take Ireland tours by bus is September to October. This is because the weather is typically milder during this time of year, and there are fewer tourists.
As a result, you will have a more enjoyable and relaxed experience. In addition, many of the attractions and activities available during the summer months are still available in September and October.
See Related: Best Bus Tours of Glacier National Park
Where Ireland Is And What Is It Famous For?
Ireland is an island located west of Great Britain. It is divided into two parts: the Republic of Ireland, which is an independent country, and Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom.
Ireland is famous for its lush green landscapes, traditional music and dance, and many legends and fairytales. Dublin, the capital of the Republic of Ireland, is a popular tourist destination known for its lively pubs and historic buildings.
Ireland’s most famous sightseeing attractions include the Cliffs of Moher, the Ring of Kerry, and Newgrange – a prehistoric site that predates Stonehenge for over 1000 years.
See Related: Best Ireland Bus Tours for Seniors
Famous Tourist Destinations In Ireland
Ireland is world-renowned for its stunning scenery, rich history, and friendly people. Here are just a few of the many famous tourist destinations that can be found in Ireland:
The Cliffs of Moher are one of Ireland’s most popular natural attractions. Standing over 200 meters tall, these cliffs offer breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. Visitors can also take a short walk along the cliff edge to get an up-close look at the seabirds that make their home here.
The Ring of Kerry is a picturesque 185-kilometer route that winds its way around the Iveragh Peninsula. Visitors will be treated to mountains, lakes, and coastline views. Several historical sites are along the route, including Ross Castle and St. Mary’s Cathedral.
Dublin is the capital city of Ireland and home to over 1 million people. The city is full of historical landmarks, museums, and art galleries. Dublin is also a lively city with a vibrant nightlife scene. Visitors can enjoy traditional Irish pubs, live music venues, and trendy nightclubs.
What is Ireland Known For?
Ireland is a country rich in history and culture. From the rolling green hills of the countryside to the lively city streets, there’s much to see and do in this Emerald Isle.