If you desire a budget-friendly and comfortable way to travel between Pittsburgh and New York City, consider taking a bus! The many bus services and routes from Pittsburgh to NYC offer a convenient and affordable alternative to flights or trains while providing a comfortable journey. With numerous departure times and cheap bus tickets from companies like Greyhound Lines and Megabus, you can easily find a trip that suits your schedule and budget.
Enjoy amenities like free WiFi, onboard entertainment, power outlets, and reclining seats for a relaxed journey. Both cities’ many bus stations and stops are centrally located, making it easy to access hotels, restaurants, and public transit. So, go ahead and book your bus ticket from Pittsburgh to NYC and explore these two dynamic cities with ease and convenience.
Table of Contents
Exploring NYC: Things to Do and See
1. Statue of Liberty: Take a ferry to visit this majestic American icon, symbolizing freedom and democracy. Get amazing views of the city from the statue’s crown!
2. Central Park: Explore this massive urban park that offers endless walking paths, scenic spots, and activities like boating, biking, and horse-drawn carriage rides.
3. Times Square: Visit the bustling heart of Manhattan to see massive billboards, watch street performers, and shop at various stores.
4. Broadway Show: Catch a world-class performance in the world’s entertainment capital – choose from renowned plays, musicals, and more.
5. Empire State Building: Marvel at panoramic city views from the famous observatory on the 86th floor of this iconic skyscraper.
6. Metropolitan Museum of Art: Immerse yourself in art and history from around the globe, spanning over 5,000 years of culture.
7. 9/11 Memorial & Museum: Pay tribute to the victims of this tragic event, and learn about the inspiring stories of resilience and solidarity.
8. Brooklyn Bridge: Take an amble or bike ride along this iconic bridge while enjoying incredible panoramas of Manhattan’s skyline.
9. One World Observatory: See New York City from the tallest building in the western hemisphere, and learn about its construction and history.
10. Top of the Rock: Head to the top of the Rockefeller Center for amazing 360-degree city views and an unforgettable encounter. Enjoy your time in the Big Apple!
Pittsburgh: The City of Bridges and More
Irrespective of your status as a sports enthusiast, a nature lover, or a culture fan, Pittsburgh has diverse desires. Here are three reasons to embark on a bus journey from NYC to Pittsburgh and explore this fascinating city.
- The City of Bridges: Pittsburgh is nicknamed the “City of Bridges” due to its 446 spans. These architectural marvels provide striking views of the city and its dynamic landscape. Take the chance to walk or bike across iconic bridges, like Roberto Clemente Bridge and Smithfield Street Bridge!
- Sports Extravaganza: Pittsburgh is home to passionate sports fans and world-class teams like the Steelers, Penguins, and Pirates. Whether you’re a die-hard supporter or a casual admirer, the energetic atmosphere at PNC Park or Heinz Field is contagious.
- Cultural Hotspots: Stroll through the Strip District to soak in the unique blend of art, food, and history. Discover famed attractions such as the Andy Warhol Museum, Mattress Factory Art Museum, and the National Aviary. Remember to indulge in some of Pittsburgh’s legendary sandwiches at Primanti Brothers!
Amenities on Board the Bus from Pittsburgh to NYC
Enjoy plush, reclining seats and ensure a comfortable journey on your bus ride from Pittsburgh to NYC. With ample legroom and three-point seatbelts, you can relax and enjoy the ride, knowing you’re secure and cozy.
The convenience of having accessible, clean restrooms on board your bus means there’s no need to worry about pit stops. Sit back, knowing that restroom facilities are available throughout the entire journey.
Individual Power Outlet
You can stay connected and charge your devices with individual power outlets available at each seat during the return trip. You won’t have to worry about your battery running low whether you’re working, watching a movie, or playing games.
Stream your favorite shows, catch up on emails, or browse the internet with complimentary WiFi onboard your next bus trip from Pittsburgh to NYC. Stay connected and entertained throughout the trip without worrying about using your data.
Route Information and Scheduling
1. Plan: Book early to score the best deal on bus tickets, as prices tend to rise as your travel date approaches. People typically book the cheapest buses about 3 to 7 days before traveling, so plan accordingly.
2. Compare bus companies: Megabus US and OurBus are two famous other Pittsburgh to New York service providers. Compare departure and arrival times, the average bus ticket, prices, and amenities each company offers to choose the best fit for your needs.
3. Consider travel time: The fastest bus connection between Pittsburgh and New York takes approximately seven h 9m. Please be prepared to spend time on the bus and ensure you have enough entertainment for the journey.
4. Check your bus route and stops: Various direct routes, bus stations, and stops are available in both Pittsburgh and New York. Ensure you know the exact locations of your fastest bus departure, and arrival stops to ensure everything runs smoothly.
5. Customize your search: Use search filters like price, departure and arrival time, bus stops, and which bus companies travel to for a comprehensive examination and comparison of your available travel options here.
6. Be flexible: Be open to traveling on different days, as this can help you save money and find cheaper tickets and better connections.
See Related: How to Take a Bus from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando
Cheap Bus Tickets for the Pittsburgh-NYC Bus Route
Affordable bus ticket guide
1. Budget-Friendly: On average, bus tickets from Pittsburgh to NYC cost around $52.38. If you book early through Wanderu, you can find excellent deals below average ticket prices.
2. Consistent Pricing: No matter the time of year, expect to pay around $75 for your bus ticket on this route. Prices stay relatively consistent throughout the year.
3. Early Booking: Book your trip at least 12 days to get the cheapest bus tickets. Doing so could save you up to $15.75 compared to cheap tickets due to last-minute bookings.
4. OurBus: This intercity bus company, based in New York, offers tickets to cheap buses starting at $50 for a comfortable and affordable journey between Pittsburgh and NYC.
5. Travel Time: The fastest buses on this route take around 7 hours, while trains take at least 9 hours due to a more roundabout path.
6. Direct Flights: If speed is crucial, direct flights take around 1 hour and 35 minutes but can be costly, with prices starting at $130 and increasing from there.
7. Beating the Crowd: Bus tickets are more expensive closer to the travel date, so booking ahead can save you cash and secure a seat on your preferred travel day.
8. Travel Options: Wanderu partners with over 500 carriers, allowing you to browse, compare, and book bus tickets that fit your needs and budget.
Bus Stop Locations in Pittsburgh and NYC
1. Megabus Bus Stop in NYC: Located at 34th St between 11th and 12th Ave, this stop is conveniently situated across the street from the Javits Center.
2. Port Authority Bus Terminal in NYC: Megabus and Greyhound offer services from this central location on 8th Ave between 41st and 42nd St.
3. Midtown NYC: At 300 W 31st St, you can find another bus stop for services to Pittsburgh.
4. David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh: This stop is found under the Convention Center, at the intersection of 10th and French, just north of Penn Avenue.
5. Bus Terminal on 11th St in Pittsburgh: Greyhound runs services to NYC from this location last bus is at 55 11th St.
6. Pittsburgh Airport Stop: You can find an additional bus stop location at the Airport on 1000 Airport Blvd.
7. 41st & 8th Ave in NYC: Another popular bus stop for services to Pittsburgh is found on the corner of 41st St and 8th Ave in Manhattan.
See Related: Bus from Houston to Austin: Essential Travel Guide
How much is the bus from Pittsburgh to New York?
If you’re planning a trip from Pittsburgh to New York and considering taking a bus, you’re lucky – affordable and comfortable options are available. Megabus offers bus tickets from Pittsburgh to new york for as low as $1* when booked in advance, equipped with amenities such as onboard restrooms, individual power outlets, three-point seatbelts, and reclining seats.
Greyhound is another popular choice, with one-way bus fares from Pittsburgh to New York starting at $63. Both options provide convenient departure times and central drop-off locations in each city, making your bus travel experience smooth and hassle-free. So book your bus ticket for a budget-friendly and enjoyable journey from Pittsburgh to the bustling metropolis of New York City!
Where do you go to pick up the Megabus in Pittsburgh?
If you’d like to catch the Megabus from Pittsburgh to New York City, you’ll find the pickup location conveniently situated in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh. Make your way to Penn and 10th Street near the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. Remember that the pickup spot may be within a block, depending on whether a conference is happening.
Once you board the Megabus, you can expect a comfortable and affordable transportation journey with amenities, including onboard restrooms, individual power outlets, three-point seatbelts, and reclining seats. Remember to book your tickets in advance to secure the best prices for transportation and seat selections, ensuring a smooth transportation trip from Pittsburgh to the bustling city of New York.
How do you use public transport in Pittsburgh?
If you’re planning to explore Pittsburgh using buses or other modes of public transport, you’re in luck! The city offers a reliable and well-connected network of buses and light rail operated by the Port Authority of Allegheny County. To get started, grab a ConnectCard from a participating retailer or ticket vending machine, and you can load it with stored cash value or a weekly or monthly pass. The card makes it easy to tap and go when boarding buses and trains.
When navigating the city in traffic, use the bus route, maps, and bus schedules available on the Port Authority website or utilize Google Maps for step-by-step directions. Remember that buses run more frequently during the weekday, so plan accordingly if you travel on weekends. And remember, always be punctual – buses in Pittsburgh are known to run on time!
How do I take the NYC Express bus?
Taking the NYC Express bus from Pittsburgh is a hassle-free and comfortable way to travel to the Big Apple. To begin your journey, book your ticket online or via your smartphone. You can choose from various schedules and upgrade options, such as reserved seating, to make your trip more enjoyable. Onboard the luxury double-decker bus; you’ll find amenities like restrooms, individual power outlets, three-point seatbelts, and reclining seats, ensuring a smooth ride.
The bus departs from the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh and arrives at the intersection of 7th Avenue and 27th Street in New York City, just a few blocks from Penn Station. Keep track of your itinerary online or on your smartphone, and you’re all set for your NYC adventure!